February 11, 2009

Wah wah wah

I slept in this morning and drove my car to school to avoid being late. Parking is expensive and my (Bobby's) parking pass only qualifies for a couple hours so during my break I've dropped my car off at home and am writing a quick blog post.

Gary is complaining about his mid-terms these days and I've been suffering through the first bout of midterms for two weeks now. As everyone I have any contact with knows I also have a chest/sinus infection that has rendered me irritable and somewhat short-tempered.

All I want to do is curl up on a couch with some neocitran and fall asleep to crappy day-time TV.

Since my exams require I go to school, I've been using my iPod to elicit some sense of home-y-ness while away. Today's melancholy track of choice is Halah by Mazzy Star. I find Mazzy Star's ethereal moodiness perfect for days like today; I just want to complain, be ridiculously self-indulgent, and escape my institutional surroundings.

I can't wait to come home this afternoon and nap with my cat.

Also, you should listen to the song below because it is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment