February 6, 2009

Haiku



Like many things I've never tried, I imagine in my head that I'd be quite good at writing Haiku poetry. This is, of course, in the same vein that I'd also be quite good at kung fu, dancing, and flying a plane.

It's ridiculous.

I'm walking down a dark back alley when a mugger surprises me. I quickly overtake his pitiful attack and return home to write haiku poetry about my experience:

a morose creature
clandestine soul in hiding
try again - sucker

Soon after, I'm discovered for my amazing abilities. Gleaming with excitement from my new found success, I discover that Gary is already respected and established in said field.

He is my nemesis.

3 comments:

  1. So I was going to comment about how much I love this post. It's perfect really. But then I noticed that I'm not linked to on your Blog Link List! I retract all former statements about the awesomeness of this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lack of spiels link is direct result of apathy toward blogging not personal judgement. Problem shall be promptly rectified.

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe you should do your blog in haiku form now? that would be cool.

    nemesis out.

    ReplyDelete